Thursday, June 9, 2011

Template menu 0.1

I have updated my diet to include a substantial amount of meat (for me). It is an improvement over my original menu and, I feel, it takes me closer to a true paleo diet.

Breakfast:
  • 1 egg omelet.
  • 2 slices of bacon. 
  • 3 satsuma age (pan-fried with a tablespoon of butter).

Lunch:
  • ~100 gram hamburger. 
  • Salad: Lettuce, 1 medium tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 medium onion (sautéed with a tablespoon of butter) , salt, extra virgin olive oil, 1 spoon of mashed fresh garlic, 1 spoon of mashed fresh ginger, and parsley.

Snack:
  • Blended drink:  1 banana, 2 spoons of whey protein, and ~200 ml of milk.  

Dinner:
  • 2 boiled eggs.
  • 1 sausage.
  • 1 yellow kiwi. 

Snack:
  • 225 grams of plain yogurt with 2 spoons of pure cocoa.

I should say that I had not lost weight this week. It is the first time this happens since I started the paleo diet. This could be a negative consequence of the evolution of the diet (wrong nutrients) or a positive effect of the H.I.T. protocol (muscle development). Somehow, I doubt both explanations. I will therefore wait another week before making any changes. If the weight loss does not resume, I will make changes to the menu.