Sunday, May 29, 2011

Template menu

This post has been superseded by this one.

I can eat the same menu day after day for months… until I get sick of it. The following will serve as my template menu. I will report when I deviate from it.



Breakfast: 1-egg omelet and three satsuma age (pan-fried with a tablespoon of butter).

Lunch: Big salad. Lettuce, 1 medium tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 medium onion (sautéed with a tablespoon of butter) , salt, extra virgin olive oil, and 2 spoons of garlic/ginger/parsley paste (see below).

Snack: A blended drink with a banana, 2 spoons of whey protein, and a small glass of soy milk (enough to liquefy the mix).

Dinner: Two boiled eggs. One raw medium carrot and a dip made of cream cheese (2 spoons), butter (1 spoon), and 1 spoon of garlic/ginger/parsley paste (see below).

Snack: 225 grams of plain yogurt with 1 spoon of pure cocoa and 1 spoon of chocolate drink mix.



I make the garlic/ginger/parsley paste with 3 heads of garlic, 150-200 grams of raw ginger, a bunch of fresh parsley, and extra virgin olive oil. I mix it in a food processor gradually adding olive oil. It lasts for weeks in the refrigerator.