Thursday, June 2, 2011

Grocery list

With small modifications, the template menu is fairly representative of what I'm eating. I only have to update it to include meat.

I figure it could be informative if I go at it from a different perspective. Here I will list what I bought today at the grocery store. I shop once a week and, therefore, the list below is what I'll eat this week.
  • 2 heads of lettuce.
  • 6 tomatoes.
  • 6 onions.
  • 6 cucumbers. 
  • 6 bananas.
  • 400 grams of butter.
  • 600 grams of ground meat.
  • 100 grams of bacon. 
  • 7 x 225 grams of plain yogurt.
  • 20 eggs.
  • 21 satusma age (see template menu).
  • 2 liters of soy milk.

I think that's all. I will make 6 salads and 6 hamburgers (I eat out once a week). Breakfast, dinner, and snacks are as shown in the template menu.

Although this grocery list matches quite closely what I will eat, it is evident that there are some things I don't buy every week. For instance, I buy olive oil in 5 liter cans and I don't go through that much in a week. Same goes for garlic, ginger, or cocoa powder.