Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Template menu 0.4

I have come to the conclusion that the cocoa at night could be upsetting my sleep. A few days ago, I decided to switch breakfast with dinner. There are no other changes to the template menu.

Breakfast:
  • 2 boiled eggs with 3 teaspoons of homemade mayonnaise.
  • ~200 grams of plain yogurt with a spoon of cocoa powder.

Lunch:
  • ~200 grams of beef or pork.
  • Salad: Lettuce, 1 medium tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 medium onion (sautéed with a tablespoon of butter), and 3 tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise as dressing.

Dinner:
  • 1 egg omelet.
  • ~200 grams of fish (pan-fried butter).


I am no longer engaged in the social event that brought about the somewhat insane weekly meal. This means that in a few weeks I should be completely off non-paleo foodstuffs.

On a different subject, I prefer not to throw away food and, well, I have a little dilemma. I have just found 9 liters of juice that will go bad in a few weeks. This is a special juice made from 18 different vegetables and fruits, purportedly 100% natural. During my years-long near-vegan diet, I thought this juice was great because it includes a handful of unusual veggies and fruits (e.g. purple carrots) that I would never be able to purchase fresh.

In any case, the juice is going bad so I have decided to drink it up rather than pitch it. After considering the options, I have finally settled on the following approach. I am going to do an all-day fruit-juice-athon tomorrow. I will, of course, respect the intermittent fasting window. If I survive the fructose overload, I will do this twice more, once a week, over the next two weeks. That should take care of all the juice. We will see what effects this "sugar trauma" will have on my weight as well as strength and stamina levels.