Sunday, October 16, 2011

Template menu 0.5

Summer has come to an end and temperatures are slowly dropping. It is time to include some warm dishes in the template menu.

Oops, I have just noticed a small error. It has been months since I substituted the tomato in my lunch salad for a carrot.

Breakfast:
  • Homemade bone and vegetable broth with an egg-drop.
  • ~200 grams of plain yogurt with a spoon of cocoa powder.

Lunch:
  • ~200 grams of beef or pork.
  • Salad: Lettuce, 1 carrot, 1 cucumber, 1 onion (sautéed with a tablespoon of butter), and 3 tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise as dressing.

Dinner:
  • Homemade vegetable purée (from pumpkin to exotic mushrooms and every wild thing in between).
  • 1 egg omelet.
  • ~200 grams of fish (pan-fried butter).


I mentioned a while back that I was going to do a "liquid diet" of sorts (read below for details, if interested). My intention was to drink nothing but juice once a week for three consecutive weeks. This was not possible due to unrelated circumstances. There were a couple of weeks when I could not get around to it and had to postpone to the following week. In all, it took 5 weeks, I think, to fit in the three juice days.

My liquid diet involved three meals a day. Each meal consisted of a liter of vegetable/fruit juice and a cup of walnuts. It worked better than I had expected and I was not hungry at all. This is interesting and might be related to the 36 hour fast. Also, I lost a little bit of weight and this was surprising considering the amount of fructose involved and high calorie content of walnuts.

So, there. I finished all the juice stored in the pantry and I don't think I will be doing this kind of thing again.